Vermont Floorcloths and Fiber Arts
I have resided in Cabot, Vermont most of my life and love rural Vermont living. My involvement in fiber arts has grown to include painted floorcloths and wool hooked rugs. I find much fulfillment in creating functional art: custom floorcloths, hooked rugs, pet mats and interior accents for people looking for the extra personal touch. I offer rug hooking classes at my studio or can travel to your area.
I also co-own Hillcrest Adirondack Furniture with my husband. We each have a workshop/studio where we enjoy expressing our love of nature through our work.
Whether you choose a painted canvas floorcloth, or a contemporary hooked rug, you will enjoy a small treasure of Vermont which will last for years to come.
I’m a member of:
- Cabot Artisans Gallery
- Vermont Crafts Council
- The Green Mountain Rug Hooking Guild
- The North East Kingdom Rug Hooking Guild
- National Guild of Pearl McGown
- Association of Traditional Hooking Artists
- Viewer’s Choice Award -Hooked in the Mountains, Essex, VT 2018
- Tunbridge World’s Fair: Best of Craft 2018
- Celebration of Hand Hooked Rugs 27 “Dahlia” 2017
- Hooked in the Mountains, Essex, Vermont – Exhibitor 2016
- Tunbridge World’s Fair: Best of Show 2014
- Tunbridge World’s Fair: Best of Craft 2013
- Celebration of Hand Hooked Rugs X1X “Richard’s Rug” 2009
- Viewer’s Choice Award – Hooked in the Mountains, Shelburne Museum 2008
- Viewer’s Choice Award – Hooked in the Mountains, Shelburne Museum 2006
- Viewer’s Choice Award – Hooked in the Mountains, Shelburne Museum 2005
- Celebration of Hand Hooked Rugs XV “Nature’s Harmony” Rug 2005
- Best Craft of Show, Hildene Meadowlands Farm & Food Fair, 2000